Pagina's

woensdag 28 december 2016

Only the décor remains, Manheim ...




After Borschemich and Immerath the third place I visited was Manhein. This village has to go since Tagebau Hambach has to expand. Here I was struck by the fact that a lot of the houses are rather recent and not just a bunch of old and worn out houses.

There are still villagers that have not moved yet and a group of refugees has been relocated in some of the empty houses. The refugees I saw lingering around, in pairs, were mostly men aged around 20-30 years. Of the 30 I saw on the streets only two were women. Something to reflect on...

Anyhow, I'm used to derelict places that are worn out, but walking around streets with "abandoned" recent houses gave me a strange feeling. You will see what I mean when looking at the pictures.
Even the Bundesautobahn 4 has to be partially "umgesiedelt" ...

As for the gear used, only the Fuji X-E1 and the XF14mm, as usual.













1 opmerking: